THE PHILIP RIVERS QB & OFFENSIVE SKILL CAMP has been established to provide expert instruction in the basic skills and fundamentals of offensive football for boys who will be in grades 6 through 12 this fall. This instruction will take place in the classroom and on the field. There will be early morning, midday, and afternoon sessions where fundamentals are stressed. Fundamentals that will be highlighted are as follows:
QUARTERBACKS/OFFENSIVE SKILL (WR, RB, TE)
- Mechanics/Fundamentals of Passing
- Cadence, Stance, Start, Drop, Set-up
- Ball Handling
- Play Action Fake
- Reading Defenses
- Coverage/Blitz Recognition
- Pocket Presence
- Throwing Specific Routes
- Catching the Ball
- Ball Security
- Blocking Fundamentals
- Pass Protection
- Route Running & Adjustments
- Film/Classroom Study of All Techniques
- Methods of Improving Strength, Speed, & Agility
THE PHILIP RIVERS QB & OFFENSIVE SKILL CAMP participants will benefit from excellent coaching from some of the top high school, college, & NFL coaches in the country.
Philip Rivers (All Pro QB-San Diego Chargers)
Jerricho Cotchery (Wide Receiver-New York Jets)
Derrick Anderson (QB-Cleveland Browns)
Noah Brindaise (Former QB Coach-Wash. Redskins)
Noel Mazzone (Wide WR Coach-New York Jets)
Dick Portee (Former RB Coach-NC State)
Steve Rivers (Former Head Coach-Wakefield HS)
Todd Stroud (HFC -Cardinal Gibbons HS [Former Assoc. Head Coach NC State])
Jay Davis (QB Coach-Grambling State)
John Davis (HFC-Countryside HS, Clearwater, FL)
Pat Meyer (Former OL Coach & Director of Strength
& Conditioning -NC State-CSCS)
The coaching staff will also consist of many other prominent pro, college, and high school football coaches who have great experience with QB as well as offensive skill play.
Instruction is designed for QBs, WRs, RBs, & TEs. Camp participants will be comprised of athletes who will be entering in grades 6 through 12 this fall. The camp will be limited to the 1st 300 campers (150 of which will be QBs). Quarterbacks will also have the opportunity to match their skills vs. Philip himself in a sort of friendly QB challenge.
The camp will be conducted at Cardinal Gibbons High School (1401 Edwards Mill Rd. Raleigh, NC 27607)
Cardinal Gibbons HS is located directly across the street from the RBC Center as well as Carter Finley Stadium. Raleigh is easily accessible from I-40, I-85, and I-95. Driving directions can be found through MapQuest.
The Camp will be held on July 13-15. Registration/Check-in will take place on July 13th between 8-10am. Camp will start daily at 9am. Campers should report prior to 9am each day. Camp will conclude each day at 4pm. A daily schedule
(4 sessions per day) will be given to each camper at registration/check-in on July 13th.
WHAT TO BRING
- Towel, Shorts, T-shirts, socks, & supporters for each session. (One camp T-shirt will be provided to each camper and additional ones may be purchased)
- Football cleats & tennis shoes
- Quarterbacks should bring one football with their name written on it.
- Do Not Bring football pads, helmets.
- Money to purchase items at the camp store.
- Mouthpieces are highly encouraged.
FACILITIES (Cardinal Gibbons HS)
- Outdoor Facilities: Spacious practice & game fields will be used for each session.
- Cardinal Gibbons' Auditorium: Beautiful 400 plus stadium seating meeting room will be used for film/classroom study
- Other athletic facilities which will be used include indoor facility as well as weight room.
This year's camp will cost $300 dollars per camper. Fees include 3 days of professional instruction (12 sessions); daily lunch provided by Quizno's, energy drink refreshments, Official camp T-shirt with Sponsors logo, and digital picture of you with former All-American and now All-Pro Quarterback Philip Rivers. A $150 non-refundable deposit is required by all campers. Sorry, but there are no refunds for any reason. Campers can register online with a credit card at www.StroudStrength.com
Space is limited, so make your plans now.
(A portion of these proceeds will benefit various charities)