The Chargers have issues on all three levels of the defense. GM A.J. Smith will plug as many holes…
Draft Review: Class of 2009
1. OLB Larry English (Round 1, Pick 16) English has been a Buster Davis-level bust. He has missed 19 games over the last two years due to his oft-injured left foot. He has shown flashes of productivity when healthy enough to play, such as his two-sack game against the Miami Dolphins in Week 4 last season, but seven sacks in 29 career games in not enough for a former first-round pick. English will be given another chance, but the Chargers will add at least one more outside 'backer to the mix (Robert Mathis?) in case English lands on injured-reserve again. He needs to demonstrate he can stay on the field and produce while there or he will be looking for a new team in 2013. 2. OG Louis Vasquez (Round 3, Pick 14) Vasquez is the best player from this class. He moved into the starting lineup at right guard as a rookie and has been entrenched there ever since. He has been slowed by knee, neck and ankle injuries -- he has missed games each year -- but unlike English, he is able to get...
37 Fans online
- When Is McCoy Going To Raise Ladarius From The Dead
- DT Injury Update (Claim Kruger)
- Chargers Should Pick Up DT Tommy Kelly
- Is Kendall Reyes the "Jeromey Clary" of the Defense?
- Marshall may play some Safety?